Sunday, September 15, 2013

SNAPSHOTS: becoming more turkish.

"The first thing you will learn about Turkey is to drink tea, and tea, and tea..."
-Fatih hocam (my boss, a boss)

***

Sophia and I were vicarious and serendipitous guests at our neighbor's wedding, which took place outside our apartment building for about 45 minutes...



***

We also discovered the Saturday pasar (the most gigantic farmer's market I've ever seen!), which is conveniently right across the street from our apartment...




After filling our refrigerator with fresh fruits, veggies, and cheese, we decided to make dinner together for the first time. 


Aww, happy domestic Balıkesir family... :)

1 comment:

  1. I like the "DRINKING OF TEA" aspect of Turkey! Boy, good thing we practiced so much here at my house the last couple of years!! All us "Shanghaiers" should be well versed in that aspect of Turkish life. I also LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the wedding snippet you included. I will pray you get invited to a full wedding celebration so you can tell us ALL ABOUT IT!! You are in our prayers. God bless you as you savor each and every moment of your "adventure in Turkey"! Loads of love, mama J

    ReplyDelete