Sunday, April 27, 2014

LATELY...

Dear friends/family,

Sorry it’s been so long since my last post... Life and everything happened, as it tends to do.

I’m working on a few catch-up blogs, but in the mean time, here’s a preview...

THE LATEST OBSESSIONS OF MY TURKISH LIFE

1. Poetry 

A cafe that we go to gives you a slip of paper with a few lines of poetry every time you order Türk Kahvesi. This sparked my exploration of the world of Turkish poetry, which is one of my new obsessions as of late. Here’s bored doodling of one of my favorite poems from one of my favorite poets thus far:



 2. Music

Turkish music (...more specifically rap :) is my other unforeseen obssession lately. It’s probably the greatest thing ever. Recently I’ve been refining my preferences (including/apart from the Top 40 pop that we hear everywhere all the time) based on a running list of recommendations from friends and students. This playlist has a little of everything:



This playlist has a slightly higher concentration of my favorites:



Enjoy :) More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment